The BinaxNOW COVID-19 Ag Card is a proven and trusted COVID-19 nasal swab antigen test that gives an accurate visual result in 15 minutes. The BinaxNOW COVID-19 Ag Card is an immunochromatographic membrane assay that uses highly sensitive antibodies to detect SARS-CoV-2 nucleocapsid protein from nasal swab specimens. SARS-CoV-2 specific antibodies and a control antibody are immobilized onto a membrane support as two distinct lines and combined with other reagents/pads to construct a test strip.
To perform the test, a nasal swab specimen is collected from the patient, 6 drops of extraction reagent from a dropper bottle are added to the top hole of the swab well. The patient sample is inserted into the test card through the bottom hole of the swab well, and firmly pushed upwards until the swab tip is visible through the top hole. The swab is rotated 3 times clockwise and the card is closed, bringing the extracted sample into contact with the test strip. Test results are interpreted visually at 15 minutes based on the presence or absence of visually detectable pink/purple colored lines. Results should not be read after 30 minutes.
- Test Cards (40): A cardboard, book-shaped hinged test card containing the test strip
- Extraction Reagent (1): Bottle containing 7.5 mL of extraction reagent
- Nasal Swabs (40): Sterile swabs for use with BinaxNOWTM COVID-19 Ag Card test
- Positive Control Swab (1) : Non-infectious recombinant SARS-CoV-2 nucleocapsid antigen
dried onto a swab
- Negative Control Swab: The use of a sterile patient swab ensures appropriate negative results
- Product Insert (1)
- Procedure Card (1)
Available under FDA Emergency Use Authorization (EUA). Only available in the US.
10.5 x 8 x 5.5 in.